Halloween dress up and dance is this Friday, October 31st. Limitations for wearing costumes to school are as follows:
· All costumes must comply with dress code rules.
· No masks are permitted; however, students may wear moderate face makeup — nothing extreme. No make up or aerosol cans are permitted at school.
· Costumes may not demean any race, religion, nationality, handicapped condition or gender.
· They should not depict gangs or horror characters, or be scary.
· No weapons or look-a-like weapons permitted.
· Appropriate shoes must be worn.
In addition, our first school dance of the year will be held following school from 2:30-5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 31st. The cost of admission is $3 and tickets will be sold during the lunch periods Monday through Thursday during the week of October 27th. No tickets will be sold on Friday.
To assist with pick up and parking, students should be picked up at the following times:
6th graders – 4:30 p.m. 7th graders – 4:40 p.m. 8th graders – 4:50 p.m.
If you have children in multiple grades, you may pick up your children at the appropriate later time. If you are interested in volunteering to chaperone at any of our dances, please contact Mrs. Greenlief at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Hiser at email@example.com.
Spirit Week will be held the following week, starting Monday, November 3rd and ending Friday, November 7th. Each day has a scheduled theme:
Monday – Pajama day (pajamas must be school appropriate)
Tuesday – Twin day
Wednesday – Nerd day
Thursday – Character day (movie, book, tv, etc)
Friday – Spirit day (maroon and gold)
On Friday, November 7th, at approximately 1:30 p.m., we will have our first pep assembly of the school year. During this assembly, the 7th & 8th grade fall athletes will be recognized. Parents are welcome to attend; please sign in at the office and obtain a visitor’s badge.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Greenlief at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Hiser at email@example.com.